Monday, December 14, 2009

First day of the last week...

today was the first day of the last week before Christmas vacation. As you might have guessed I work in a school. While other parents may be dreading the next two weeks I couldn't be more excited. Out of the two weeks I will be working one week at an after school program that runs during vacations. I also have the responsibility of planning all the activities for the upcoming full days of vacation. I get the week after Christmas to myself however and I am soooo looking forward to the recharge time. Necessary if you work in day treatment.

I was able to start the week by spending last weekend at my best friend's house. She and her kids are awesome and we have similar things going on in our lives. We also have similar interests. If she's reading this I'm already half way through Real Murders.

Work is easy right now because we only have four kids in the class at the moment. My other job is a breeze most of the time too. I like it because outside of the planning part I get to play with elementary kids. We've started a strategy club where my son comes in once a week to teach the kids strategy games. This month is chess. He loves it and he gets paid $10 for an hours work.

I am not all set for Christmas.....I have a tree...I just haven't put it up yet. I bought some presents....I just haven't wrapped anything yet. Any one else out there feeling the crunch?

I know this is m first real post and it's all over everywhere unfortunately that is how I think and I'm much too tired to straighten it out. Be patient it will get better.....I hope.

1 comment:

  1. Cool a post!

    Don't worry about it being everywhere. Read mine and you can see I am much worse...:) Make sure you follow me!

    Tell your friends about the blog so they can comment too.

    Are you liking the book? I am reading the second one in the series, A Bone to Pick. It's good too. I am not sure if I like one more than the other yet.

    As you know I have decorated for xmas but I have only bought one present for the kids. I did the stockings though. I think I will have to do a lot of shopping at the grocery store since I am out of cash. :( Nothing is wrapped. I did help Cade get some stuff so I guess that counts. I am not feeling a crunch though. I am not caring as much as I should.

    You should just leave the tree on the floor, semi decorate it. Then take an "artistic" photo of it called, "Christmas Dreams" or some such nonsense. Sell it and make a lot of money. *wink*

    I fed your fish. They were starving!

    ReplyDelete