Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What!

It's just over a week until Christmas......WHAT!
This just can't be, I'm not even close to being ready for Christmas. How did this happen? Well I did get the tree put up that I bought two weeks ago. Good thing it's fake. I really felt having a live tree in the house is too much of a fire hazard. I live in a 1972 trailer that has seen better days. I still have to decorate the tree but at least it's up and has lights.

The kids at job 1. are going nuts.....WHAT!
I work with kids with emotional disabilities. The holidays are hard for most of them, I understand this. Again just not fully prepared for it. I work with them every day and know them pretty well but my doing my job today managed to set them off.

The kids at job 2. are going nuts.......WHAT!
I also work in an after school program. I'm not sure if it's the holidays or me or what but they are completely obnoxious. It's getting hard to handle. They have no respect for anything it seems. there is only so much we can do with them at work you know? It would help if parents would back us up a little.

The gym is all changed.......WHAT!
I go to Curves. I haven't been in awhile, the last time I was there my most awesome trainer Toney was leaving. Well she must have been the heart of the place because it doesn't really feel like a nice place now. There used to be a paper foot on the wall for every 12 inches lost. It's quite an achievement and I used to like to read the names as I did my circuit. They're gone! All of them. There used to be samples of new clothing line on the walls, you guessed it GONE! It just seems very sterile now. I don't know if I'll stay after my contract is up....:(

Ok now I feel better now that I got that off my chest. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

1 comment:

  1. Look for Will so you can follow him and I will tell him to look you up too. His blog is called AFS Quest.

    Kids are unpredictable. You never know when they are going to be acting sane or like they are full of sugar. I know as a parent I like getting feedback if mine are acting rude or disrespectful. I don't rip the teachers heads off for that imput. I of course listen to what my kids have to say and then try and find a middle ground and talk it out with the teachers. I also know if my kids are cranky for various reasons and I tell the teachers ahead of time if there is or could be a problem so they aren't taken by surprise. Seems simple doesn't it? The thing is that it takes time and effort and a lot of parents don't seem to have the time or want to bother anymore.

    When is your contract up? Do you have a new trainer? Did you ask what in the sam hill happened while you were gone?

    ReplyDelete